Attaching the MagSafe Battery Pack is a snap. Its compact, intuitive design makes on-the-go charging easy. The perfectly aligned magnets keep it attached to your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro — providing safe and reliable wireless charging. And it automatically charges, so there’s no need to turn it on or off. There’s no interference with your credit cards or key fobs either.
At your desk and need a charge? Just plug a Lightning cable into the MagSafe Battery Pack for up to 15W of wireless charging. Short on time? With a higher than 20W power adapter, you can charge both the MagSafe Battery Pack and your iPhone even faster. And you can track the status of your charge on the Lock Screen.
– 20W or higher USB-C Power Adapter and USB-C to Lightning Cable
How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack
Your MagSafe Battery Pack is designed to quickly and safely wirelessly charge iPhone models with MagSafe, giving you more time to use your device.
Charge your MagSafe Battery Pack
Before you use your MagSafe Battery Pack for the first time, fully charge it using a Lightning to USB cable with a 20W or higher power adapter.
1. Plug one end of a Lightning to USB cable into the Lightning connector on your MagSafe Battery Pack.
2. Plug the other end of the cable into a 20W or higher USB power adapter, then plug the adapter into a power outlet.
3. You'll see an amber status light while your MagSafe Battery Pack is charging. When the MagSafe Battery Pack is fully charged, you'll briefly see a green status light.
Using an adapter that isn't 20W or higher will result in a slower charge.
Attach and remove your MagSafe Battery Pack
Your MagSafe Battery Pack will magnetically attach to the back of your iPhone. To remove the MagSafe Battery Pack, gently pull it off the back of your device.
When charging on the go, your MagSafe Battery Pack can charge your iPhone with up to 5W of power. If connected to a 20W or higher power source, it can charge with up to 15W of power.
Check the charge
Make sure that your MagSafe-compatible iPhone is running iOS 14.7 or later. When you attach your MagSafe Battery Pack to your iPhone, it will automatically begin to charge your iPhone and a charging status appears on the Lock screen.
To see your charging status in Today View or on the Home Screen, add the Batteries widget:
1. Go to Today View or the Home Screen page where you want to add the widget, then touch and hold the background until the apps begin to jiggle.
2. Tap the Add Widget button at the top of the screen to open the widget gallery.
3. Scroll or search to find Batteries, tap it, then swipe left through the size options. The different sizes display different information.
4. When you see the size you want, tap Add Widget, then tap Done.
Charge your MagSafe Battery Pack and your iPhone
If both your iPhone and MagSafe Battery Pack need to be charged, you can charge them at the same time. Attach your MagSafe Battery Pack to your iPhone and then plug the MagSafe Battery Pack into a power adapter. Using a 20W or higher power adapter, the MagSafe Battery Pack can charge your iPhone with up to 15W of charging power.
You can also charge both if you attach your MagSafe Battery Pack to your iPhone, then plug your iPhone into a power source. You might want to charge this way if you need to connect your iPhone to another device while charging, like if you're using wired CarPlay or transferring photos to a Mac.