The AK XB10 uses aptX HD technology, the latest Bluetooth codec from Qualcomm. 24-bit HD audio that was simply not possible with previous Bluetooth technologies can now be fully enjoyed with aptX HD.
The AK XB10 delivers a distinctive difference in sound from conventional Bluetooth products. The moment you hear it, you wonder "Does this sound really come from Bluetooth?"
Astell&Kern's outstanding technologies are throughout aptX HD to support 24bit/48kHz Bluetooth performance, along with DAC and AMP, essential components of fine audio. The utmost in Bluetooth listening pleasure: AK XB10.
While the AK XB10 is a device that wirelessly transmits audio data from smartphones via Bluetooth, it is quite different from conventional Bluetooth devices, in that it supports the aptX HD Bluetooth codec. Just as the display resolutions of televisions evolved from standard to high-definition to 4K ultra-HD for sharper image quality, we are now in the era in which Bluetooth now supports 24-bit audio resolution. 24-bit HD audio that was simply not possible with previous Bluetooth technologies can now be fully enjoyed with aptX HD.
Typically used in professional broadcasting, the original aptX audio codec is widely used for 16-bit near-CD quality sound. The benefits of the aptX codec include superior compression, low computational cost, and low transmission delay. Launched in early 2016, the next-generation aptX HD codec is capable of transmitting up to 24-bit/48 kHz audio that is faithful to the original audio file.
Bluetooth codecs can be easily compared to data packet efficiency. Comparing data packet capacity in a Bluetooth transmission to passengers on a bus, the SBC codec is only capable of seating one passenger per bus. The aptX codec can seat three passengers, while the aptX HD codec can seat five.
- Bluetooth Version : Bluetooth 4.1, Class 2
- Bluetooth Profile : A2DP(multi), AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Frequency Band : 2.4 - 2.4835 GHz ISM Band
- Range : Maximum 10 Meters
- Codec : SBC, AAC, aptX HD5
- Port : 2.5 mm Balanced/3.5mm Unbalanced
- Output Level : 2.5mm Balanced: 1.8Vrms/3.5mm Unbalanced : 0.9Vrms
- Battery Type : 350mAh 3.7 lithium polymer rechargeable battery
- Hours Of Operation : Approximately 5 Hours for Music Playing and Phone Calls
- Charging Method : Micro USB 5 Pin (Charging 5V 2A)
- Premium Bluetooth receiver/adapter: turns any pair of headphones, or speaker, into a wireless design, but retains - and even boosts - sound quality, too
- First Bluetooth receiver/adapter to support new Qualcomm aptX HD technology. Equipped with both 3.5mm unbalanced & 2.5mm balanced audio outputs
- Includes 24bit, high-power DAC - transforms smartphone sound; drives headphones harder; even supports high-quality balanced headphones
- Ideal for commuters, fitness fans (motivating music without wires) and anyone that wants an instant, wireless upgrade to existing headphones or speakers.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to the AK XB10 via high-quality Bluetooth connection
- Compatible with all iOS, Android, and many other Bluetooth devices